February 27, 2008
Coaching is Different
A few weeks ago, a woman contacted me about speaking at her
group's monthly meeting. With all the hype of coaching the past few
years, she thought it might be good to have a life coach as a
speaker, but really didn't know much about it. I explained what a coach
does, how I work with clients, and what makes coaching different from
consulting, training and therapy.
After talking with her, it occured to me that many people are confused
about what coaching is and the coaching process. Simply, coaching is –
A co-creative partnership between a willing client and a coach where
the coach supports the client through desired life changes.
Coaching is different from therapy, consulting or training, in that the
coach isn't trying to fix the client's problems, direct the client's
program, or focus on past events. Also, a consultant uses their knowledge to
give recommendations to the client to achieve certain results, and a coach
does not. In coaching –
As a life coach, I only work with clients who have a strong desire to change,
are ready to make changes, and aren't afraid to try. Usually, my clients want
to focus on increasing their overall health and wellness, and that's where we
start. I support my clients throughout the change process, and help them set
"SMART" action goals that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic
and timed. I also hold them accountable for the goals they set, and we celebrate
successes, no matter how small.
- You, the client, is assumed to be healthy and functional.
- You truly want to make life changes, and are ready, willing and able.
- You accept responsible for your choices and your own progress.
- You choose the focus or direction of your coaching program.
- You are the expert of your own life and tap into your self-knowledge to
make desired life changes.
- We focus on present and future actions.
- I, as your coach, ask meaningful questions, listen and really hear you.
- I support you in making effective, responsible life choices.
- And, I ask more meaningful questions, continue to listen and hear
what you are saying.
Coaching works because it gives the client space, praise and encouragement
to achieve their desired life changes!
If you want to experience coaching first-hand, please
me to schedule your free 45-minute telephone sample session.
Coaching is different – how might I help you reach your desired life changes?
Belen Carmichael, NLC
SPECIAL Coaching Offer – $199!
Offer ends 4/10/08
This offer includes:
Copyright 2008, INNERGY Coaching, LLC -
- Three 45-minute telephone coaching sessions
- Write short-term and long-term SMART life goals
- Give you support and encouragement
- Zoom in on present and future successes
- Set a course for making changes that last
All rights in all media reserved.
The content of Wellness Within may be forwarded in full without special permission provided it is used for nonprofit purposes and full attribution and copyright notice are given.
For other purposes, please contact Belen Carmichael.
Wellness Within is published monthly by Belen Carmichael of INNERGY Coaching, providing life coaching, nutrition and lifestyle coaching and personal training to women business owners.
Newsletter designed by A5design